They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul; in the beauty industry, we say that the eyes are the key to the face. Nothing pulls a makeup look together like a well-blended eyeshadow look. Cut creases are currently the biggest trend in makeup, and they can only be done with the best product.
The eyeshadow quality determines how well the eye look is executed. That’s why it’s important to buy makeup from trusted brands like MAC. We’ve found the best MAC eyeshadows to make the shopping process easier for you.
It’s rare to find a pretty nude color that looks beautiful on all skin tones, but this lovely shade from MAC is suitable for everyone. Some shades look prettier on peachy tones and others on warmer tones. This shadow is different because it looks great on everyone.
Like most MAC eyeshadows, this swatch is highly pigmented. This means that the color sits easily on your skin and just a single swipe makes a big difference. Even though it has a powdery appearance, this eyeshadow actually provides a satin finish. It’s perfect for anyone who wants an understated but impactful eye look.
This eyeshadow is long-lasting. There’s nothing more disappointing than applying a full face of makeup only for it to fade as you go throughout the day. Fortunately, this eyeshadow will stay put for at least six hours after its initial application.
The beautiful beige color is ideal for a makeup beginner since it acts as a base for the most popular eyeshadow looks. Whether you’re going for a soft glam look, or you’re looking for a great base for colorful eye looks, this is a great color to have as part of your collection.
- Shade: Vanilla
- Dimensions: 1.97 x 1.97 x 1.18 inches
- Weight: 0.1 ounces
- Item ASIN: B0002DNZCA
- Finish: Satin finish
- It’s a beautiful nude color for everyday wear.
- It looks great on all skin tones.
- The beige shade is easy to blend.
- It’s perfect for the outer corner of the eyelid and under the brow.
- The satin finish provides a beautifully elegant look.
- It has excellent pigmentation.
- The shade lasts a long time.
- The eyeshadow doesn’t crease.
- Some Amazon users complained that it was too bright for their taste.
- It’s powdery, so it might not work for cut creases.
Despite its confusing name, Brule is a lovely medium-beige color. It’s similar to the Vanilla eyeshadow except that it has a lovely pink undertone. The pink undertone is for people who want a vanilla color that doesn’t make them look pale. Brule is the perfect beige substitution for people with warm undertones.
This powdery eyeshadow is considered permanent since it lasts so long without fading, which makes it a great base for more complex eye looks. You know that the rest of your look will last all day because you have a strong base.
Unlike the Vanilla MAC eyeshadow, this shade is more velvety. It’s smoother on the skin, and it’s less likely to crease. It looks just as great on its own as it does as part of a complete look. It’s a good lid shade and an even better transition shade.
The great pigment sets this eyeshadow apart. It easily blends with other shades and sits well on bare skin. If you’re looking for a pretty nude with a slight pink color pop, this is a great shade.
- Shade: Brule
- Weight: 0.05 ounces
- Item ASIN: B006XTCUP0
- Finish: Velvety
- It lasts for up to seven hours.
- The beige shade is flattering on all skin tones.
- The pink undertones provide a great pop of color.
- The shade works well with other eyeshadow colors.
- The eyeshadow doesn’t crease.
- The velvet texture looks better than the Vanilla eyeshadow.
- It has excellent pigmentation, and it blends easily.
- It’s more expensive than the other eyeshadows in this guide.
- The pink undertones might not work well on darker skin tones.
This is the best dark-toned eyeshadow in MAC’s collection. The Espresso eyeshadow has a warm tone that helps you pull off the perfect smokey eye. It looks best as an everyday neutral, but it can also be worn as part of a soft glam look. If you have a dark skin tone and you’re aiming for a natural look, this eyeshadow is perfect for you.
Unlike the other eyeshadows in this article, this eyeshadow provides a matte finish. A matte finish is not only perfect for oily skin, but it gives off a more blended look. Since the shadow dries to your skin, the look is more seamless.
Due to the matte finish, the eyeshadow also has a smooth and soft consistency. It’s easy to blend because of how well-pigmented it is.
- Shade: Espresso
- Dimensions: 1.65 x 1.57 x 0.79 inches
- Weight: 0.32 ounces
- Item ASIN: B00693UGHO
- Finish: Matte
- It blends well with other eyeshadow colors.
- It also works well on eyebrows.
- Espresso color has excellent pigmentation.
- It’s perfect for a smokey eye.
- The eyeshadow is flattering on most skin tones.
- An Amazon customer was so impressed that they’ve been using it for over 10 years.
- It’s not a good pick if you don’t like doing riskier looks.
- It’s smaller than the other eyeshadows yet it’s in a similar price range.
After reviewing the best MAC eyeshadows, it’s clear that you need to invest in a little bit of everything. If you’re not yet ready to commit to a full eyeshadow palette, these three are the best options to start with.
If you’re interested in learning more about eyeshadows and makeup in general, feel free to explore the rest of our site.