Over the past years, there’s been more and more pressure on big-wigs in the makeup industry to stop testing products on animals. The practice is cruel, and we can’t continue pretending we don’t see it. Fortunately, we’re slowly turning the tide, and more companies are becoming conscious of their impact.
However, if we want to keep seeing the product, we have to support the companies that are putting in the work. That’s why we found the best cruelty free foundation to use instead of those from unethical brands.
With over 45 shades, this brand takes inclusivity seriously. It’s not every day that you find a makeup brand that caters to such a wide range of skin tones. It’s refreshing to find a brand that cares about people of color and being cruelty-free.
Milani’s Screen Queen Liquid Foundation blurs imperfections and evens out skin tone. Whether you’re trying to hide blackheads or you don’t like your scars, this is the perfect foundation for you. It’s weightless and provides full coverage without making your skin feel oily.
This is one of the few liquid foundations that provides a natural finish. Most liquid foundations leave behind a dewy finish that doesn’t look good on oily skin. If you don’t want to look like you have coats of makeup on, this the best cruelty-free foundation for you.
- Dimensions: 1.5 x 1.5 x 1 inches
- Weight: 3.99 ounces
- Manufacturer: Milani
- Item ASIN: B082DM1MV1
- A verified Amazon reviewer said that it was the best drugstore foundation they’ve ever used because of how well pigmented it is.
- It has a hydrating finish that’s perfect for dry skin.
- It has blue light filter technology that protects your skin from harmful rays emitted by digital devices.
- The foundation evens out skin tone and hides imperfections.
- Nasturtium flower extracts strengthen the skin.
- It’s perfect for different skin types and skin tones.
- The foundation has a natural finish for anyone who prefers a natural soft glam look.
- Some customers complained about being unable to match their skin tones. This may be remedied by trying a shade darker or lighter since there are so many to choose from.
- It’s a liquid foundation, so the texture is slightly thick.
Catrice Liquid Coverage Foundation is ultra-light and provides full coverage. The foundation is so light that you’ll barely feel it on your face. If you have oily skin, this is an excellent option for you because it doesn’t clog your pores.
Like other liquid foundations, it’s a great way of covering imperfections. The advantage of using a liquid foundation is that you only need a few drops to cover the whole face. If you use a proper foundation brush, it blends even better. Once evenly applied, the foundation will give you an even complexion.
Unlike the Milani Liquid Foundation, this foundation has a mattifying effect. We wouldn’t suggest it for people with dry skin, but it’s fantastic for people with oily skin. Instead of looking like your face is wet, you’ll have a beautiful matte finish. This kind of foundation looks more natural on people with oily or combination skin.
- Dimensions: 1.6 x 1.6 x 4 inches
- Weight: 1.06 ounces
- Manufacturer: Catrice Cosmetics
- Item ASIN: B01LZT2C73
- It is the highest-ranking cruelty-free foundation on Amazon’s list of the best foundation products. This foundation works much better than unethically produced foundations.
- The foundation lasts for hours.
- It is full coverage, so you won’t have to apply layers and layers on your face.
- The foundation is ultra-light, so it won’t clog your skin pores.
- The mattifying effect is great for oily skin.
- It is highly recommended by Amazon customers who want to cover their imperfections and hide blemishes.
- Even though it is cruelty-free, it contains a lot of artificial chemicals that are not good for sensitive skin.
- Due to the mattifying effect, we wouldn’t recommend it for people with dry skin.
- It only comes in a few shades.
Made from vitamin E and lemon extracts, Almay’s Truly Lasting Foundation nourishes the skin. It is designed to keep your skin healthy while making it appear flawless. This is a rare feat for foundation because the products aim at hiding problems and not fixing them. If you have dry skin, this foundation might contribute to the solution.
The foundation has light to medium coverage that provides a natural and voluminous finish. While full coverage is great, it rarely looks natural, but this foundation makes you look like you have a beautiful glow and is much easier to blend.
Almay tests their products with dermatologists, so it’s designed for people who have allergies, but also want to wear makeup. Plus, it’s fragrance-free. Unlike the Catrice foundation, it’s not full of artificial chemicals.
- Dimensions: 6 x 5 x 4 inches
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Manufacturer: Almay
- Item ASIN: B0039UTUK4
- You can wear it for up to 16 hours.
- The vitamin E extracts provide nourishment for your skin.
- The light to medium coverage provides a natural finish.
- You can seamlessly blend it with the rest of your products.
- It makes dull skin look brighter.
- It’s only available in seven shades.
- It’s not suitable for people with oily skin.
It’s not always easy to find brands that align with your beliefs. It’s even harder to find the right beauty brands, considering how most of them test their products on animals. Luckily, every once in a while you come across articles like this one to help you find the perfect cruelty free products.
We found the best cruelty free foundation and arranged the products according to skin type. Keep browsing through our site if you’re interested in learning more about makeup and about cruelty free brands.